Policy Types

Click on a policy type below to learn more


Homeowner's insurance covers: Your owned dwelling and other structures on the premises

- Unscheduled personal property including contents and appliances
- Additional living expense should you need to reside elsewhere after a covered loss
- Comprehensive personal liability and medical payments

In addition to the basic coverage, there are a host of available options, which can be customized to completely protect one of your most valuable assets.

Personal Condominiums

A unit owners policy can help you meet certain liability obligations that arise from your shared responsibility within the Condominium Association, as well as protect your additions and alterations, your property, loss of use and loss assessments for your unit.

Renters Policies

Renters need to protect their personal belongings (including furniture, clothing, appliances) and should obtain Personal Liability, to protect you against a claim or lawsuit if someone is injured or their property is damaged while in the property you rent.

Rental Properties

Your investment properties need special coverage - coverage that not only protects your investments, but which will not overlap with coverage you may have already purchased under your home policy.

We offer a Dwelling Fire Special Form Policy, which protects your dwelling and other buildings such as sheds and garages from "all risks," unless specifically excluded.

Or, we have our Dwelling Fire Broad Form Policy to protect your property from losses specifically listed. Some examples of losses covered are:
- Collapse
- Smoke
- Explosion
- Vandalism Fire
- Weight of ice/snow
- Hail
- Windstorm
- Lightning

In addition, if your property were unfit to rent due to a loss, Fair Rental Value coverage can be included to reimburse you for up to twelve months of lost rent as well as protection for other structures on the property if desired.

Valuable Items

- All risk coverage for the ?limited coverage ? items in your insurance contract
- China and crystal
- Coins (rare and current)
- Firearms
- Furs
- Golfer's equipment
- Jewelry
- Musical instruments
- Personal computers
- Stamps (rare and current)
- Silverware
- Works of fine art, including paintings, etchings, pictures and other bona fide works of art (such as oriental rugs, statuary, rare books, manuscripts and bric-a-brac) of rarity, historical value or artistic merit.


Flood Insurance is catastrophic insurance that covers your dwelling and/or contents in the event of disastrous flooding or rising of ground water. Most homeowner?s do not realize that floods are not covered by their homeowner?s policy. Rates vary according to the location of the property.


Direct damages to your dwelling due to earthquakes are not covered under the standard homeowner?s insurance policy. If you do live in a part of the country with the possibility of earthquake activity, you may want to consider adding an earthquake endorsement to your homeowner?s insurance policy. This endorsement will cover damages due to earthquakes, landslides, volcanic eruptions and other earth movements.

Personal Automobiles

Auto insurance is mandatory in most states. It provides insurance for cars, trucks, and other personal vehicles. Its primary use is to provide protection against economic losses incurred as a result of car accidents.
Bodily Injury & Property Damage Liability

Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability covers your legal liability for an accident where there is injury to another party or damage to property, up to the limit of liability you select.

Comprehensive and Collision

Comprehensive and Collision coverage covers the cost to repair or replace your vehicle if it is stolen or damaged in an accident, regardless of who is at fault. You select a deductible for each coverage, and once the deductible is met, you are covered for the remaining damage.

Under Collision Coverage, you are covered for damage to your vehicle when you collide with another vehicle or object.
Under Comprehensive Coverage, you are covered for damage to your vehicle caused by an event other than a collision, such as fire, theft or vandalism.
Uninsured Motorists/Underinsured Motorists protects you if you are injured in an accident with someone who does not carry liability insurance, or when their coverage is insufficient.

Basic Reparations Benefits (optional)

While similar to Medical Payments, BRB also includes:
- Work loss benefits including Loss of Wages if due to a covered auto accident
- Survivor?s loss benefits to dependents

Other Options to Consider:
- Full Glass Coverage ? eliminates deductible for a covered auto glass loss
- Agreed Amount ? establishes the value of the vehicle before a loss occurs
- Roadside Assistance / Towing ? reimburses you for emergency services in the event of a covered loss.

Antique Autos

Vintage or Classic Autos that are used for recreation, club events, special excursions and driven less than 5,000 miles a year should be covered by a ?Collector and/or Antique Car? Insurance program.
If you and your automobile qualify, the premiums are usually a fraction of the cost of a standard insurance policy. Insurance company underwriting guidelines may include driving usage, special care for the car (such as how it is stored), good driving records, and whether there are any youthful drivers.

Personal Excess / Umbrella Policies

Personal Umbrella coverage provides excess liability coverage that goes beyond the liability coverage provided by your auto, home, and other personal insurance policies including:

- Personal Injury: Includes shock, mental anguish, false arrest, wrongful entry or eviction, libel, slander, character defamation, invasion of privacy, etc.
- Negligent Damage: to property you rent or use.
- Liability Loss: Covered under your auto, home, or other personal insurance policies.
- Defense or Litigation costs
- Worldwide coverage is offered by some companies

Watercraft (small boat)

Boat insurance offers protection for a variety of risks you face as you launch, operate, haul, or store your vessel. We offer coverage for an assortment of boats, personal watercraft, and trailers.

Included with the coverage is:
- Liability
- Hull & Motor coverage
- Uninsured/Underinsured Boaters coverage
- Towing

Life Insurance

Insurance policy that pays a death benefit to beneficiaries if the insured dies. In return for this protection, the insured pays a premium, usually on an annual basis.

Disability Insurance

Disability insurance, often called disability income insurance, is a form of insurance that insures the beneficiary's earned income against the risk that disability will make working (and therefore earning) impossible. In other words, it answers the question, "How would I pay for my living expenses if I became unable to work?"

Identity Theft Insurance

Identity theft insurance policy provides reimbursement to victims of identity theft so that they can restore their identity and repair their credit reports. These also provide reimbursement for expenses such as phone bills, lost wages, mailing costs and sometimes attorney fees.